Irish Myths, Legends & Folklore
Ireland is an old country… a very old country. It is a place simply brimming with myths and legends. Famous for its oral stories, Ireland has so many stories that have been passed down through each generation, with various versions of each.
These stories are often linked to landscapes – either a specific spot like the Giant’s Causeway, or else many places like Diarmuid and Grainne and their various caves.
From giants to selkies, from tragic lovers to witches, from magical bulls to humans turned to swans, join us on this series to learn the unique myths and legends of Ireland.
Characters of Irish Folklore
- Finn McCool of the Giant’s Causeway
- The Hag of Beara: The Winter Witch
- Diarmuid & Grainne: Ireland’s Tragic Lovers
- The Selkie: The Seal People
- The Children of Lir
- Dracula’s Irish Origins
- Granuaile, Ireland’s Pirate Queen
- Irish Fairies
- Cuchulain, Hound of Ulster
- Warrior Queen Maeve
- The Puca Fairies
- St Brigid
- Niamh Cinn Oir
- The Goddess Éiru