Our commitment to you: Your contract is with Wilderness Ireland Travel Ltd (hereinafter also referred to as “WI” or “we” or “us”), of Unit 8A 1-2, Northwest Airport Business Park, Collooney, Co. Sligo Ireland, registered in Ireland under Company No. 531225. All holidays you book with us are organised and sold subject to the following conditions:
Booking and Payment
1) To confirm your booking, you are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the trip price. Your balance must be paid by the due date shown on your invoice or in correspondence and failure to do so may result in the cost being increased or ultimately cancellation. Once we receive your deposit, the contract between us will become binding and we will send you an invoice for the balance and advise you of the date for payment of the same. Brochure and website prices are quoted in Euros.
Payment will be accepted by:
• Maestro, Visa Electron, Visa Debit and Solo debit cards or Visa/Mastercard credit cards.
• Bank Transfer (details available from our office).
Cancellation of Booking
2) Any cancellation must be notified in writing by the person who made the booking. If you cancel your holiday:
A) More than 56 days prior to the start of your holiday, you will only be charged your deposit plus any insurance premium paid.
B) Between 56 and 30 days, you will be charged 50% of the holiday cost plus any insurance premium paid.
C) Less than 30 days before the start of your holiday or on or after the commencement of the holiday, you must pay the full holiday price plus any insurance premium paid. Note: We appreciate that wholly unforeseen events may result in cancellation. We therefore strongly advise you to take out insurance against irrecoverable cancellation cost (see Point 8 below). You will be advised of the exact amount of any cancellation charge prior to the cancellation being finalised.
Changes or Cancellation by Us
3) Before you enter into a contract with us, we reserve the right to change any of the facilities, services or prices described in our brochure or website. We also reserve the right to cancel the holiday. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a trip is not fulfilled, we may have to cancel your holiday.
It is unlikely we will have to make any changes to your holiday and any changes are usually very minor. If a major change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your holiday begins. A major change is an alteration of the start or finish time of your holiday by more than 12 hours, a change of holiday location or a change to a lower standard of accommodation. When a major change or cancellation occurs you will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, purchasing another available holiday from us, or cancelling your holiday. We will refund all payments made directly to us in respect of the holiday cost and travel insurance.
We will not refund any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as flight payments for land-only trips, travel insurance, equipment purchases, visas, vaccinations etc. Where a major change or cancellation arises from circumstances amounting to force majeure (see below), we will endeavour to refund all sums as yet unpaid by us to our suppliers, however it is your responsibility to claim the remainder of any irrecoverable payments and charges from your travel insurers.
Changes by the client
4) If a client, after booking onto a trip and paying a deposit and/or full payment, would like to change onto an alternative trip, an additional administration fee of €60 is charged. If the trip originally booked starts within 8 weeks of the request to change trips being made, any such change may be treated as a cancellation by the client, in which case the cancellation conditions in section 2 will apply.
5) Any information provided by Wilderness Ireland on such matters as climate, travel, clothing, special equipment etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Wilderness Ireland.
Adventure Travel and Client Responsibility
6 A) It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in this sort of trip and you accept that in visiting remote and mountainous regions there is an element of on-tour flexibility. The itinerary stated in the trip dossier is indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise. You must have a level of fitness commensurate with your chosen trip and you are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment, details of which will be sent to you at the time of booking. If, in the opinion of the Wilderness Ireland Guide or Staff, your fitness or equipment may compromise the safety of a trip, we reserve the right to cancel or terminate your holiday. In these circumstances, you will not be entitled to a refund nor compensation.
6 B) All minors travelling with Wilderness Ireland Travel Ltd must do so with an adult parent or guardian who is responsible for their well being and behaviour throughout their holiday. Minors must not be left alone in the company of any other adult, in particular their guide, at any time, the only exception being in emergency situations. All parents/guardians booking with Wilderness Ireland Travel Ltd should consider this carefully before committing to an adventure holiday with minors in their care.
7) Accommodation is usually in twin or double rooms unless stated otherwise and we request that clients who book individually share a twin room. Where a single room is requested, we will try to accommodate this but a single supplement will apply – please check at the time of booking. When making a booking, you accept that this additional supplement may apply and, where appropriate, you will be advised and invoiced for the relevant amount. On some itineraries please note that no single accommodation is available.
Personal Travel Insurance
8) We strenuously recommend that you take out a travel insurance policy as soon as you have booked your trip with us.
A travel insurance policy protects you and your holiday arrangements from the unexpected before and during your trip. It is your responsibility to decide what cover you need, but we recommend your policy should include cover for emergency medical costs, cancellation or curtailment of your trip, personal belongings/baggage and personal liability:
In the event of emergency rescue and medical care and/or repatriation from a trip due to injury or medical emergency, any evacuation and medical costs will be borne by the client.
If you need to cancel your trip with us then you may lose some or all of the money you have paid (see section 2).
All luggage and personal equipment are, at all times, at your own risk. We will not be responsible whatsoever for any loss, damage to your luggage and/or personal equipment.
Suggested Travel Insurance Providers:
- Campbell Irvine Direct: https://www.campbellirvinedirect.com/cidirect_home.htm
- Journeyman Insurance Services: https://www.journeyman-services.com/travelInsurance
- World Nomads: https://www.worldnomads.com/
Medical Conditions & Dietary Requirements
9) If you are affected by a medical condition which may affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the holiday, you must advise this at the time of booking. Similarly, you must advise us of dietary requirements at the time of booking.
Independent Travel Arrangements
10) We will not be responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel you undertake before, during (if you choose to leave) or after the holiday or for your travel to and from the start/end point of your trip. If you are unable to reach the agreed start point of the trip at the time specified, you will be responsible for any additional costs entailed in joining up with the group.
11) If you have a complaint about the holiday, you should make it known to your guide/leader at the earliest opportunity. If you are on a trip without a guide, or if you do not feel that your guide has dealt with your complaint in a satisfactory manner, we encourage you to contact our office as soon as possible so that we can help find an agreeable solution during your trip. Refer to our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for more information.
Our Liability & Compensation
12) Wilderness Ireland will accept liability for the negligence of its employees causing direct physical injury to passengers only to the extent that it is obliged under Irish law. We cannot be held responsible for any mishap to yourself or your property, and in particular for the consequences of flight cancellations, vehicle accidents, strikes, sickness, government or customs or police intervention or other such happenings amounting to force majeure. Wilderness Ireland and its employees are covered by world-wide public liability insurance up to a maximum of £5,000,000 in any one event. By signing our booking form you acknowledge that we have taken all reasonable steps to safeguard its liability in this respect.
We shall not be liable for any damages caused by the total or partial failure to carry out the holiday if such failure is: attributable to anyone other than the Wilderness Ireland staff; unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributed to a third party unconnected to us; a result of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances, reasonably beyond the control of Wilderness Ireland; a result of an event which Wilderness Ireland or any of its agents, even with all due care, could not foresee. Where Wilderness Ireland are found to be liable for damages in respect of its failure to carry out the holiday, the maximum amount of such damages, compensation and loss of enjoyment will normally be limited to two times the cost of the trip. Where the damage relates to damage caused by the provision of road, rail, river or sea transport, or hotel accommodation, any compensation payable will be limited by the Athens Convention 1974 (sea), the Berne Convention 1961 (rail), and the Paris Convention 1962 (hotel accommodation). All air transport is undertaken entirely at your own risk. Any independent arrangements you make which are not part of the trip are entirely at your own risk.
Variation of Booking Conditions
13) The booking conditions may only be waived by a Director of Wilderness Ireland in writing. When you book with us, you agree to accept all these booking conditions, and when we accept your booking, we agree to carry out our obligations to you as defined in holiday information provided to you. Both sides of this agreement are made subject to, and must be interpreted and enforced according to Irish Law in an Irish Court.
14) Wilderness Ireland occasionally runs promotions, offers and discounts. Promotions are valid only within the specified dates in the offer. Promotional offers including discounts are limited within the terms and conditions as stated in the promotions.