We’re excited to announce two new 2018 trips at Wilderness Ireland! From north to south, hiking or biking, explore the majestic shores and wilds of Ireland’s west coast and Wild Atlantic Way next year.
In addition to our current trips, explore our new 2018 trips in Ireland! See how you can hike or bike Ireland’s wild side!
From remote and rugged County Donegal, Nat Geo’s Coolest Place on Earth in 2017, to the quintessential magic of County Kerry’s Dingle Peninsula, get ready to for off-the-beaten-track adventures in Ireland.
Hiking Trip – Hiking the Dingle Way
Hiking the coastline of the Dingle Way
Most people only experience the beloved Dingle Peninsula from the window of a car – but there’s much more to this scenic peninsula. Our new 2018 trip follows the Dingle Way, one of Ireland’s most thrilling hiking paths. Circumnavigating the Dingle Peninsula in County Kerry, the Dingle Way takes in all the best views, bustling fishing villages, neolithic sites, and fascinating monuments of the peninsula.
Along the way, your guide will teach you about local heroes such as mythological giant Cúchulainn or real-life Antarctic explorer Tom Crean, who inspired the local brewery, Crean’s. An added bonus? The terrain of the Dingle Peninsula is flat and the trails are well-marked!
On the first of our new 2018 trips is our exciting itinerary, Hiking the Dingle Way. Check out a few highlights below:
- By exploring the region on foot, you’ll have time to see ancient sites up close
- Visit stone forts and ancient beehive huts
- Tap your foot to traditional music in the colourful Dingle town
- Gaze out towards North America from the westernmost tip of Ireland at Slea Head (the closest you’ll get to America without sailing to the deserted Blasket Islands)
- Spot colonies of water fowl, dolphins, and more wildlife
- Meet local artists and artisans
- Enjoy fresh and hearty seafood dishes
- Learn about the health benefits of seaweed and even try your hand at a seaweed bath!
2. Bike Tour – Donegal From Cliffs to Coast
Overlooking quiet beaches in remote County Donegal
This year, the world travel authority, National Geographic Traveller, published its 2017 Cool List – with County Donegal firmly at the top. On our new bike trip, Biking Donegal From Cliffs to Coast, be part of an epic adventure by biking through the world’s coolest place!
Donegal is a vast and remote county, largely ignored by the rush of the modern world. Enjoy unspoilt countryside, rugged headlands and remote bogs and heathland left to their own devices. This trip will challenge you as you explore a little-visited corner of Ireland on two wheels!
Our second new 2018 trip is the exciting biking itinerary, Biking Donegal From Cliffs to Coast. Check out a few highlights below:
- Bike the Glengish Pass, rated one of Ireland’s most scenic routes
- Gaze over the massive Slieve League Cliffs
- Explore rugged backcountry & timeless landscapes dotted with farms, villages, bogs and heathland
- Taste freshly-caught Atlantic seafood in cheery pubs by an open fire
- Learn about captivating local sea-faring stories & legends
- Meet the cheerful locals who call this remote county home
- Finally, end your trip with an epic ride culminating at Malin Head, a rocky outcrop famous as both Ireland’s northern-most point, and a backdrop for the 2017 Star Wars: The Last Jedi
3. Bike Tour – The Wild Atlantic Way
Make Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way your next bucket list adventure!
Bike the very best of western Ireland’s coast-hugging route, the Wild Atlantic Way. This 670km+ trip takes you through some of Ireland’s most iconic destinations – and it’s most remote! Roll through 8 counties and 3 national parks on this epic trip – worthy of any active bucket list adventure!
Our third new 2018 trip is the exciting biking itinerary, Bike Tour – the Wild Atlantic Way. Check out a few highlights below:
- Pedal 672 km (418 miles) along the best of the Wild Atlantic Way from the southern to northern points
- Cross 8 Irish counties & 3 national parks: Killarney, Connemara & the Burren
- Island hop over to the Aran Islands & perhaps even learn a few words in Irish Gaelic!
- Explore by bike Nat Geo’s Coolest Place of 2017: County Donegal
- Stand atop the massive Cliffs of Moher
- Bike through Sligo in search of the windswept landscapes that inspired the poet WB Yeats
- Listen to some of Ireland’s best traditional music
- Taste the gourmet and hearty cuisine of southwest & northwest Ireland
- Have an epic trip of a lifetime as you bike across the entire length of Ireland!
What else is new at Wilderness Ireland?
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
At Wilderness Ireland, we’re proud to announce the launch of our new 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We love Ireland and we want to prove you can have a world class vacation in Ireland – so if you’re not satisfied, we’ll invite you back, free!
See the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee here.
Do these trips sound exciting? Check out the availability below!