26 Reasons You Should Never Visit Ireland
Posted on Dec 15, 2015 by Rupert Shanks
Soaring peaks, crashing coastlines, shimmering valleys and unique landscapes.
Blah de blah de blah. We’ve heard all the reasons why people want to visit Ireland and we just can’t quite get our heads round it.
I mean we’ve been taking pictures of our favourite Irish places for years and the evidence is just too strong!
1. It’s a poky wee place with no dramatic scenery.
The Cliffs of Moher are in the Top 10 Places to Visit in Ireland!
2. The places to stay have no character.
3. They’re all basically cheap motels, such a shame.
Find Ireland’s best castle hotels on our list here!
4. It’s bleak and grey, all the time.
5. The hills are all boring and flat.
Hike Ireland’s mountains of Kerry on our challenging hiking trip!
6. Everything’s just a bit…drab.
7. The towns themselves are all modern and ugly.
Find Ireland’s loveliest coastal towns here.
8. There are no nice beaches.
9. In fact, the coastline is just awful.
Explore some of Ireland’s best coastal towns and villages our our Top 10 list.
10. There are no scenic coastal routes to speak of.
Feast the eyes on the Best Viewpoints in Kerry.
More Inspiring Info about Ireland
11. The roads are all blocked with traffic and pollution.
12. It’s a quiet, culture-less place.
Check out our ultimate Irish playlist here.
13. With no sense of tradition.
14. Everything is just so new and tacky.
15. There’s really very little to do and nowhere to explore.
16. Anyway, it’s always raining so there’s no point going outdoors.
17. Definitely no reason to go for a walk there. Such a pity.
Hike all 20 of Ireland’s best hiking and walking trails! See the full list here.
18. Did I mention the completely underwhelming landscape? Literally no photo ops anywhere!
Looking for inspirational beauty? See if you can find it here: Ireland’s most stunningly inspiring landscapes.
19. It’s all so claustrophobic with no sense of space.
20.Everything is just a bit lifeless.
21. The locals are so uptight!
22. The islands are all flat and dreary.
Read on about the top islands of Ireland.
23. Heaven knows why they filmed Star Wars: the Force Awakens here.
24. Shame there’s no wildlife either, they must have left for somewhere nicer.
Check out where to spot wildlife here.
25. Who can blame them I suppose.
26. The food is all stale, grey and pre-packaged.
So as you can see, we really don’t understand what all the fuss is about.
Wait, you do want to visit Ireland after all? That’s great!
Check out our hiking trips through Ireland’s spectacularly green landscapes and our unforgettable biking adventures! Explore our exciting new Family trips or our self drives for those looking for a little more independence.
Discover Ireland with us!
More from Walking, Wildlife
Posted on Nov 24, 2017 by Darragh Devaney
Posted on May 25, 2017 by Dawn Rainbolt