Why Travel Solo? Top 5 Reasons to Be a Solo Traveller in Ireland
Posted on May 22, 2017 by Dawn Rainbolt
Most people tend to travel with spouses, family or friends. Few seem to strike out alone. But that number is growing as people realise there are great, often-overlooked, benefits to becoming a solo traveller in Ireland.
If you’re still on the fence about becoming a solo traveller in Ireland, scroll down to see our top 5 reasons why booking a trip as a solo traveller could be the start of the best vacation you can imagine!
Meet new people
- There are various reasons why you’ve decided to become a solo traveller in Ireland, but in all cases, the result is usually the same: since you’re on your own, you’ll be much more motivated to meet and talk to new people than if you were travelling with a partner. Being amidst a small group, you’ll be able to get to know the other travellers, adventure guide, and local people you’ll meet along the way. While you can still meet new people when travelling with others, you won’t be as motivated if you’re on your own.
Have the holiday you want
- No need to worry about compromising – have the holiday you imagine! We have plenty of holidays to choose from, including hiking, biking and kayaking holidays, as well as several different ability levels and types of accommodation. Though being part of our scheduled trips means that you’ll be following a set itinerary, any free time, meal choices, breaks or add-ons will be up to you – and only you. Travel at a speed comfortable for you without worrying about your travel companion – whether that means pushing the pace, hanging out with the guide, or taking your time, travel at your own pace.
Enjoy the benefits of group travel
- You could, of course, simply decide to be a solo traveller in Ireland on your own. But by booking onto one of our trips, you’ll get the best of both worlds: the holiday you want, but without the stress of organising it all yourself. Generally, it is not advisable to go hiking in the wilderness alone, but as part of a small group, you benefit from safety in numbers. There is also the benefit of shared costs, such as the costs for the guide, transport and even the accommodation if you choose to share a room with another traveller.
Give yourself some TLC
- By choosing to travel solo on the holiday you want – especially as you’ll be spending your vacation in the Irish countryside and wilderness – you’ll be able to do a little soul-searching, completely free of your normal environment and the people you know. It’ll give you the opportunity to try new thing and see the world from a new perspective – and perhaps, you’ll even discover a few new interests along the way!
You don’t need to pay a solo supplement
- Frequent solo travellers will have run into this problem before. A lot of tour operators will immediately charge a solo traveller a higher price and book them into a single room. At Wilderness Ireland, you’ll have a choice. If there is more than one solo traveller on the trip, you’ll be paired with each other into twin rooms unless otherwise requested. Do note though that if you want to occupy a room by yourself, you will be charged extra (cost dependent on the accommodation for that trip).
More About Travel in Ireland
Never miss an update....
Be the first to hear about new trips, locations and activities with our monthly newsletter.
See below for a few trips recommended for a solo traveller in Ireland!
|17th Jun - 28th Jun 2019||Bike Tour - Five Countries||€3,520||1 place(s) left||Book Now|
|6th Jul - 12th Jul 2019||Deluxe Hiking - The Kerry Mountains||€1,995||6 place(s) left||Book Now|
|13th Jul - 19th Jul 2019||Hiking and Island Hopping Cork and Kerry||€1,795||2 place(s) left||Book Now|
|9th Sep - 20th Sep 2019||Bike Tour - Five Countries||€3,520||3 place(s) left||Book Now|
|23rd May - 29th May 2020||Hiking and Island Hopping Cork and Kerry||€1,795||8 place(s) left||Book Now|
|23rd May - 30th May 2020||Deluxe Hiking - The Kerry Mountains||€1,995||8 place(s) left||Book Now|
|6th Jun - 12th Jun 2020||Hiking and Island Hopping Cork and Kerry||€1,795||8 place(s) left||Book Now|
|27th Jun - 3rd Jul 2020||Hiking and Island Hopping Cork and Kerry||€1,795||8 place(s) left||Book Now|
|4th Jul - 10th Jul 2020||Deluxe Hiking - The Kerry Mountains||€1,995||8 place(s) left||Book Now|
|11th Jul - 17th Jul 2020||Hiking and Island Hopping Cork and Kerry||€1,795||8 place(s) left||Book Now|
|25th Jul - 31st Jul 2020||Hiking and Island Hopping Cork and Kerry||€1,795||8 place(s) left||Book Now|
|8th Aug - 14th Aug 2020||Hiking and Island Hopping Cork and Kerry||€1,795||8 place(s) left||Book Now|
|22nd Aug - 28th Aug 2020||Hiking and Island Hopping Cork and Kerry||€1,795||8 place(s) left||Book Now|
|5th Sep - 11th Sep 2020||Hiking and Island Hopping Cork and Kerry||€1,795||8 place(s) left||Book Now|
See the rest of our hiking, biking and kayaking trips here if you’re looking for something a little different.
More from Hiking, Road Cycling, Walking
Posted on May 13, 2019 by Dawn Rainbolt
Posted on Apr 22, 2019 by Dawn Rainbolt
Posted on Feb 18, 2019 by Darragh Devaney