Buses connect most towns in Ireland, stopping along mainlines between big cities. Bus links to airports tend to be frequent and most major towns and cities in Ireland will have bus links directly to Dublin and Shannon airports without having to change bus. Ireland’s public bus service, Bus Eireann, provides the most comprehensive network. Tickets are available online for all major stations.
To Dublin Airport
Direct buses to Dublin Airport are available from most major towns in Ireland and there are regular buses serving Dublin Airport from all over Dublin City.
- To get from Dublin Airport to either of Dublin’s train stations (either Connolly or Heusten), the easiest bus to take is the Airlink Express bus 747, found with the other buses outside T2.
- Bus Eireann – Ireland’s main public bus service, use for long-distance bus travel in Ireland.
- Air Coach – Dublin Airport connections from Cork, Belfast, and Dublin city and suburbs
- Go Bus – Dublin Airport connections from Galway and Cork
- J.J. Kavanagh & Sons – Dublin Airport connections from Limerick, Kilkenny & Waterford
To Shannon Airport
Shannon Airport is well served by bus on many routes to and from Galway and Limerick. See the following links to bus services in Ireland:
Again, we recommend http://www.getthere.ie, a journey planning service which links all of the available public transport offerings into one comprehensive trip planner.
To Belfast Airport
There are regular bus connections from the Belfast International Airport and city centre, as well as other parts of Ireland. See the following links for travelling in Northern Ireland:
You may also travel by train from Dublin Connolly Station to Belfast Central Station. Great Victoria Street Station either a 15 minute walk from Belfast Central or a short distance by taxi. See more on Irishrail.ie.