Wilderness Ireland is always keen to hear from people who can demonstrate great knowledge and passion for Ireland. Our guiding team have all been active in the outdoors for many years. Some of them hold multiple qualifications while others specialise in a single activity. However, we view paper qualifications as only the first step in towards becoming a Wilderness Ireland guide.
More important is the ability to demonstrate great familiarity with many areas of Ireland. Wilderness Ireland Guides have:
- Knowledge of Irish history, culture & folklore
- Understanding of Irish environment, geology & geography
- A love of the outdoors
- Experience as a hiking/walking or cycling/biking guide
- A natural flair for customer care and hospitality
- A passion to showcase Ireland to visitors from around the world
If you have the knowledge, character and experience to work for Wilderness Ireland, we would love to hear from you and can offer you an excellent wage, good working conditions and the opportunity to lead superb trips in some of the most beautiful wilderness regions of Ireland.
While we have a lot of fun at Wilderness Ireland, our team is 100% focused on delivering 5 Star world-class client experiences. As such, the successful guide will bring a professional and high-energy approach with an unwavering focus on all aspects of the client travel experience.