- PR Support – Cross-brand public relations support. You will be the first point of contact for general PR enquiries. This includes providing general information about our trips to our PR agencies, image/gallery building and sharing, setting up interviews upon request, answering PR-related questions, coordinating PR newsletters, and other ad hoc support.
- Content Creation & Distribution – Researching, writing and editing cross-channel, first-draft content, as well as distributing said content across relevant channels.
- Social Media Support – Image selection, copywriting, scheduling and moderation/engagement for Ireland as part of our broader social media strategy.
- Website Maintenance – Fundamental SEO techniques, featuring trips and tours, link building and web page creation for Ireland. You will be the first point of contact for general site maintenance.
- Proofreading – An essential part of our quality assurance process is proofreading, and this role would play an important part in this.
- Media Management – Photo tagging, retouching and gallery management, as well as trip photo management for Ireland.
You will liaise with our PR agencies as the first point of contact for the Wilderness Group to provide general support and information. This includes providing images or image galleries as requested, fielding and setting up interviews upon request, assisting in PR newsletter creation, and providing general details, fact boxes, and information about trips when asked. The candidate may also assist with running press trips throughout the UK and Ireland.
Content Creation & Distribution
Taking into consideration numerous factors such as SEO, writing for the web, and inspirational and persuasive copywriting techniques, the successful candidate will write copy for use in the wilderness blog, emails, web pages, social posts and a range of supporting documents. This will include writing from experience, deep research and drawing on product knowledge to create first-draft copy. You may also edit content from contributing authors and then distribute new and existing content across channels as appropriate within the content plan.
Social Media Support
Closely linked to media management, trending topics and campaign planning, the social media support will involve multiple relevant channels. You will select appropriate inspiring imagery based on exceptional product knowledge of the areas in which we operate, write creative/informative copy and schedule posts for each of the Wilderness Ireland. You will work alongside the other Wilderness assistants to maintain the overall Wilderness social media brand strategy, as well as expand cross-branding efforts. This will also include the moderation and engagement of comments.
You will be responsible for the creation and editing of web pages using WordPress. It is desirable that you have relevant experience in using a CMS and CRM system in order to maintain our suite of websites. The candidate will demonstrate and employ a range of SEO techniques to ensure that the fundamentals are covered in line with existing processes. As larger content pieces are developed, it will be your responsibility to build links via outreach.
In order to maintain the highest standards of published content, you must be able to proofread your own work and that of others, drawing on a high command of English, product knowledge and messaging. This will include cross-brand copy proofreading. You will also assist in proofreading PR materials submitted by our PR agencies.
It is desirable for the candidate to be proficient in photoshop or similar photo editing software. On a daily basis, this will involve the on and offline management of our photo library filing and tagging system, including retouching and cropping to improve the impact of our photography.
You will be expected to provide broader team support in line with your flexible skillset.
The successful candidate will be joining a high-performing, collaborative team. You will have a curious mind and a commitment to continued professional development.