This part-time and seasonal position involves maintaining and repairing a fleet of 30 road bikes to an extremely high standard to meet the needs of our clients.
While we have a lot of fun at Wilderness Ireland, our team is 100% focused on delivering 5 star world-class client experiences. As such, the successful candidate will bring a professional and fastidious approach to all aspects of their work. Our bike tours are proving more popular year on year and we are looking for someone that can match our standards in their bike mechanic work. We need to be sure our clients are safe and comfortable while on the road and using a bicycle mechanic we can vouch for is a must.
Essential to the role is a recognised qualification in bike mechanics and a proven practical ability to hit the ground running when it comes to repairing road bikes.
This is a part-time role based on 16 hours per week for an estimated 5 months from May to September. This may suit a bicycle mechanic who is already in employment but has the flexibility to take these days to work with Wilderness Ireland during the season.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and 1 page cover letter to [email protected] The cover letter should detail the following:
1/ The relevant experience you can bring to this role
2/ Your Bicycle Mechanic Qualification
To informally discuss the position please call 091 457 898 and ask to speak to Darragh.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10th April 2019. Short-listed candidates will be contacted shortly thereafter.
Wilderness Ireland HQ, Collooney, Sligo
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Work with the Operations Team to ensure bike fleet is maintained to highest possible standard.
- Take responsibility for individual bike health.
- Keep records of work within Wilderness Ireland Operating frame-work.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant bike mechanic experience.
- Detailed knowledge of road bike maintenance.
- A strong and clear commitment to customer service excellence and “extra mile” delivery
- Excellent attention to detail, even when faced with multiple tasks
- A genuine interest and passion for bikes.